Jesus said to him, "I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father, but by Me. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; henceforth you know Him and have seen Him."

Phillip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and we shall be satisfied."

Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you do not know Me, Phillip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?"

"Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does His works."

"Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me; or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves." (John 14:6-11)

Monday, August 15, 2011

Welcome

For Christians, Jesus Christ is not only the center of all history but in Him history finds its beginning and completion.  He is the Alpha and the Omega.  He is Lord of All.  He is God made Flesh.

Jesus Christ is the full, complete, and final revelation of God to mankind.  In Him, God's Word is complete, full, entire, and whole.  To know Him is to know the Father.

This blog is the exploration and explication of the Truth which is Jesus Christ as contained in the Holy Scriptures and the Sacred Tradition of the Catholic Church.

In this endeavor I will seek the assistance from several sources:
  • Holy Scripture
  • the Magisterium of the Catholic Church
  • The Fathers of the Church
  • Doctors and great theologians of the Church
I will especially rely on the works of St. Thomas Aquinas and two of his greater modern commentators, Fr. Réginald Garrigou-Lagrange, O.P. (1877-1964) and Dom Anscar Vonier, OSB (1875-1938).  I will also make use of the writings and thoughts of Blessed John Paul II.

As we explore the person of Jesus Christ, we will try to follow a certain pattern:
  • First, I will post the relevant question from Aquinas' Summa Theologiae or Summa Contra Gentiles
  • I will then post a relevant commentary from Fr. Garrigou-Lagrange
  • Post a relevant commentary from Dom Vonier.
  • Finally, I will post my own feeble thoughts on the question.
Along the way, I may also post relevant writings from other sources as I find they relate to the topic at hand.

It is my prayer and hope that this endeavor will be blessed by Our Lord and that all who read it may be impelled by the Holy Spirit to a deeper, richer relationship with Our Lord Jesus.

I submit all materials, content, and thoughts to the authority of the Catholic Church.  Whatever is true and good in this blog is from the Holy Spirit.  Whatever error may be found here is totally my own and I submit to the correction and teaching of the Catholic Church.

I dedicate this blog to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Blessed Mother, lead us to a deeper knowledge of Your Son.

Written on the Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin, 2011.